Beyond Measure

Beyond Measure Travel Updates! Visit India's artists with me.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Diamonds in the rough

I have discovered a great artist here in Rishikesh and I'm so happy to have his work. I have decided not to post any more pictures of the actual work I am collecting just to save it for the final product.
Today we traveled to a town about an hour from Rishikesh to Dehra Dun to meet a painter named Mr. M.S. Kumar. He has been painting since the 1940's and was an illustrator and designer with talent that has not been matched by anyone else I have seen in India. Because his business has moved more to digital printing, he has not painted in years, but he generously donated one of his older paintings to Beyond Measure. I felt honored to meet him and see his work. It was exceptional.

Mr. M.S. Kumarof Derha Dun

3 Comments:

  • At May 4, 2008 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Sean said...

    Hi Jess

    Just wanted to say that I found and read your blog... I'm glad to hear that you made it there safe and are having a good and productive time. I hunted down your site because Rachel was wanting to read about your trip - now that I found it she will see it tomorrow, and I'm sure will send you a note too

    Good luck and stay safe

    Sean

     
  • At May 5, 2008 at 5:02 PM , Blogger RachelM said...

    Hi Jess and Shiva,
    I am so happy you are finding such great people. I love the fact that we can keep up dated in your travels by blogging:-)Good luck to you both!Can't wait to see you!
    Love ya Rachel

     
  • At May 6, 2008 at 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jessica,
    What an adventure you are having! Thanks for all the updates. I'm glad you have someone to travel with too. How's your tummy feeling? Are you missing fresh fruit and veggies? I'm glad you are having a good time.
    Leah

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home